Posted to sci.electronics.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Amana RadarRange: Ate It's Own Stirring Device?

Ancient and honorable Amana RadarRange.

Built like a tank. http://tinyurl.com/3yjuzf

Was heating some coffee and it emitted several flashes, made a
"zut" sound, and then the smell of burning plastic.

Pulled off the internal plastic cover to reveal a wheel that
seems to serve some sort of stirring function on the microwaves.

Found one paddle fused: http://tinyurl.com/2t66ud

Can anybody speculate on what's going on?

My kneejerk is that the tube that emits the microwaves is on the
way out... but I don't know enough to explain why that one paddle
got fused.
--
PeteCresswell