Posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.woodworking
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default cheaper oil than linseed outdoor furniture

On Aug 17, 12:16 pm, "johngood_____" wrote:
whats the cheapest way to preserve the topmost horizontal surfaces of some
old
garden tables? Things offered like linseed oil are just oil, so wouldnt a
thin
wipe of a much cheaper oil like sunflower oil be just as good?
thanks for advice

I bought 2x 500ml bottles of linseed oil from a local hardware store
for about €2.50 each last spring. Each bottle allows me to treat
generously my whole patio set - 1x1m diametre circular table and 4
chairs. I treated them twice this year, for just €5.00, and that's
probably it for the year. Is that really *so* expensive?

Cat(h)