Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default Here come the HIPs

On 17 Aug, 15:27, Broadback wrote:
sm_jamieson wrote:
On 17 Aug, 14:48, Kev wrote:
On Aug 17, 1:11 pm, Phil wrote:

I can't wait for id cards. Who wants to bet that wont be the biggest
monumental f**kup of all time.

Kevin

Well I didn't realise they no longer contain a survey. Surely that was
the main thing said would help first-time buyers etc, and that has
gone.
And can you use the searches done pre-HIP when you bought the house
you are selling ? I mean, if there used to be a coal mine nearby, that
won't have changed. It's unlikely anything near would come up on the
searches, but I suppose they would have to be done again anyway.
As for the energy certificate, I wonder what it will say for old solid-
wall homes ? Probably just to insulate the loft !
Simon.

It is simply another form of taxation, the HIPs are subject to VAT. The
usual government way, knew there would be uproar if they introduced it
all at once, by doing it in stages people accept it.

Yep, frog in a saucepan of water.
Simon.