Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Water smells like the public pool

"Eigenvector" wrote in
:

"EXT" wrote in message
anews.com...
Our local water works will shock the system with a massive dose of
chlorine especially during the hot summer months where sometimes the
water will take on a "rotten fish" type of smell if they are late or
skip the shock treatment.

Hadn't noticed any bad smells in the water prior to that, and for what
it's worth the water has returned to normal. So I'm guessing its a
one time deal.

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
I've noticed recently that the water coming out of my bathtub
faucets smells like the public pool - CHLORINE! Normally it tastes,
smells, and looks like water, past week it tastes, smells, and looks
like a bottle of bleach. Does the city shock water lines
occasionally? Would recent work in the area (new construction and
whatnot) cause this temporarily? I haven't seen my neihbors lately
otherwise I'd ask him - he works for the city water department (for
an adjacent city, but I suspect he'd know anyway).

Just call the water company. They'll probably glady fill you in so you
understand.