Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Help me ID a mystery pump

According to Leon Fisk :

[ ... ]

Well it was worth a try Don. I'm in way over my head trying
to help anyone with Solaris, Linux, BSD... I can figure out
ways to keep running my old NT4 stuff though

The FFmpeg libraries are in a constant state of flux so
maybe it will go someday.

If I were you I would keep plugging away at it when I got
the urge/chance.

I probably will -- but I am currently working on migrating
server functions from a SS-5 (with lots of disk, and running Solaris
2.6), to a Sun Fire 280R (also with lots of disk, but running Solaris 10
U3, and using zfs-based RAID instead of individual drives).

Later, I may have more time to pound away on it. The real pain
with most of these things is how many other libs I have to bring in and
compile -- and sometimes what programs are broken by a newer version of
some of the libs. *Why* can't they remain backward-compatible the way
they used to?

The programs are a little quirky on
Windows, but for the most part they work. They are really
being developed for the Unix flavored systems and the
Windows ports are just an offshoot the best I can tell.

O.K. I don't want to run them on Windows anyway.

Thanks,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564