Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default Electricity under water

Doug Miller wrote:

In article 531xi.4672$jU4.1497@trnddc02, wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

Cool! I've heard of that before, but never saw it done. How big a fish can you
stun this way? And how far away from the apparatus?

It stuns every fish around no matter what size as far as I can
tell. We were getting catfish about 10-20 pounds.

Damn!!

The others
we just left in the water and eventually they would swim off.

It just gets the ones close by, I guess within maybe a 4-5
foot radius of the area between the wires. It is really hard
to know for sure about that, because this was not clear water.
It was pretty murky.

It'd be fun to experiment in a clear lake. I've fished in a few inland lakes
in Michigan's Upper Peninsula where the bottom was clearly visible at twenty
feet. *Very* easy to tell where the fish are.

I have done the same thing using a car battery and an old coil

from a chevy truck. If you have ever touched the spark plug

wire and gotten zapped, then you know what they can put out.

You know that this is illegal, right?

Oh, yes. And I would never ever try anything like this. Except maybe for
experimental purposes.

Make sure that you carry the test far enough to decide if the
method changes the taste of the fish.

And I don't know about this for sure, cause I have never
tested it, but everyone used to say this: Don't try this in
an aluminum boat.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.