Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hugo Nebula Hugo Nebula is offline

Default Retrospective Building Regs Compliance (from uk.legal)

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:18:58 +0100, a particular chimpanzee, Terry
Fields randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

However s36 has a further provision which states that the 12m
limitation does not prevent the LA from applying for an injunction for
the removal or alteration of works if they don't comply with the
building regs. This provision appears to have been overlooked in the
past but was highlighted in a case in 2000. As a result, it is no
longer safe to assume that a LA has no power to deal with old
unauthorised alterations.

Yes it is theoretically possible for a LA to take out an injunction,
but in practice it would have to be a serious breach affecting health
& safety, such as a death-trap of a loft conversion or for serious and
evident structural alterations. In my experience as a BCO for mumble
years, I've never heard of an injunction being taken out, much less
done it myself.
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"