Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.rec.driving
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default For spotters of unusual odometer readings...

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 245.131...
Al Reynolds ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Anyhew, about four days ago when I filled up with petrol, I zeroed
my tripmeter and noticed that the odometer would be coming up to
a potential match with the date again. Unfortunately, being slightly
obsessive, I couldn't leave it at that. With 122 miles to go until the
odometer would read 160807, I realised there was the potential
for the odo to match the date *and* the trip to match the time.

I bought a newspaper first thing, and today, at 12:21, my odometer
read 160807 and the trip read 122.1. I took a photo because I am
even sadder than I sound. I didn't even have to drive around or
wait for ages ... I got back to my house at 12:15, popped inside to
get my camera, and took the photo while sitting on the drive.

I'm glad there's a place in our society for people like you.

Just as long as it isn't _too_ near me...

I think that will suit folk like Al and me :-)

Mary