Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Water smells like the public pool

Our local water works will shock the system with a massive dose of chlorine
especially during the hot summer months where sometimes the water will take
on a "rotten fish" type of smell if they are late or skip the shock
treatment.

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
I've noticed recently that the water coming out of my bathtub faucets
smells like the public pool - CHLORINE! Normally it tastes, smells, and
looks like water, past week it tastes, smells, and looks like a bottle of
bleach. Does the city shock water lines occasionally? Would recent work
in the area (new construction and whatnot) cause this temporarily? I
haven't seen my neihbors lately otherwise I'd ask him - he works for the
city water department (for an adjacent city, but I suspect he'd know
anyway).