Posted to alt.home.repair
trainfan1 trainfan1 is offline

Default Electric Lawn Mower question

wrote:
Has anyone used any of the electric lawn mowers? If so, do they cut
well? Are they durable, and can they handle heavy weeds and tall
grass? I'm considering buying one because I am tired of fighting with
gas ones that dont want to start, not to mention I never have gas when
I need it. What brands are good? Do they use a regular power mower
type blade?

Vic

I still use a 1960's twin blade Sunbeam electric for quick touch-ups.

Any electric will not have the power you are requesting.

The battery models will not have as much power or as long a duty cycle
as the corded ones.

The corded models are not really any more convenient than small gas
mowers when you take into account the cord and the extra maneuvering,
but are usually lighter in weight.

Rob