Posted to alt.home.repair
hobbes hobbes is offline

Default Electric Lawn Mower question

On Aug 16, 4:12 am, wrote:
Has anyone used any of the electric lawn mowers? If so, do they cut
well? Are they durable, and can they handle heavy weeds and tall
grass? I'm considering buying one because I am tired of fighting with
gas ones that dont want to start, not to mention I never have gas when
I need it. What brands are good? Do they use a regular power mower
type blade?

Vic

Hi,

I think if you have heavy weeds and tall grass I would stick to the
gasoline powered mowers. Electric ones tend to have less power. There
are two kinds (1) rechargable and (2) connected via a cord. The
recharable ones are handy but have less power than a corded one. The
issue with cords is that they get in the way, and it is so easy to mow
over your own power cord. Note a GFCI power socket is need for safety.

If you want a good mower I would recommend a Honda HRC 216 HRX. This
is gasoline powered though. I have one and it works very well. It has
two downsides, (1) weight 125 lbs and (2) Cost $US 1,130. This is a 21-
inch commercial mower. I always use Stabil gasoline additive in the
fuel.

Hope you find a good solution to your lawn needs.

warmest regards, Mike.