Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
Stealth Pilot Stealth Pilot is offline

Default What is it? CXCIII

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:15:19 +0200, Christian Stüben
wrote:

some more silly guesses from germany ...

1061 to remove the isolation from electric wires, a cable stripper
1062 no idea
1063 oh yes, this is clearly for ... eh, no idea. Itchy and scratchy stuff?
1064 no idea (percussion cap for #1066 or #1060 ?)
1065 no idea
1066 some kind of alarm mechanism. when you touch the long arm (first photo,
left side), the triangle in the middle is ejected, releases the hammer which
hits a percussion cap stored on the ... how is it named in english? ... on
the "amboss" seen on pic 2 in the middle.

greetings from germany
chris

1061 looks for all the world like a scotch mechanism out of a shaper.

1062 is a little ornamental lock.
mine was made in india and uses a cast brass "I" section key that is
poked into the hole not shown in the other end. this action squeezes
together two vanes which eventually disengage to allow the lock to be
slid apart.

1063 is a stamping/crushing mill. the grate it stamps into isnt
something I've ever seen so it isnt for crushing rock.
my guess is a continuous coal stamper that feeds a small boiler.

1065 is the very original ping pong bat. these were made illegal in
the game of ping pong when it was found that the balls were returning
supersonic. :-)