Posted to rec.woodworking
Mason Pan Mason Pan is offline

Default Does people like using film faced plywood for Cabinet Making ?

On Aug 16, 8:07 pm, John B wrote:
Mason Pan wrote:
On Aug 16, 3:35 am, Charlie Self wrote:
On Aug 14, 11:25 am, "Morris Dovey" wrote:

Phisherman wrote:
| Never heard of it. I've been woodworking for 45 years in the US and
| have built many cabinets. Maybe there is another name for
| "film-faced ply?"
I don't know what other names it might have, but you can take a look
he http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3958
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Thank all of you !
I export film faced plywood .
Now , I know maybe nobody has used film faced plywood for cabinet
making .
What my friend has told me may be MDO or HDO , which is commonly used
for cabinet making .

Film faced plywood is a kind of plywood covered with film, which is
phenolic(or other glue) resin impregnated paper and different from MDO
or HDO . The MDO/HDO film is thicker and looks much better .
Film faced plywood also called shuttering plywood/shuttering concrete
form/concrete form . It's usually used for shuttering purpose .
Please refer to
http://www.plywood.cc/products/
http://www.plywood.cc/wp-content/upl...aced-plywood-b...

Anti-slip film faced plywood can also be used for floor of room,cars
and so on .
Refer to anti-slip film faced plywood at
http://www.plywood.cc/2007/08/16/ant...lywoodwire-mes...
http://www.plywood.cc/wp-content/upl...lip-film-faced...

Thank you again !

G'day Mason,
Good on you for putting us all straight.
I learnt something.

regards
John

I'm very glad to share my knowledge with you .
You all have helped me a lot .
Thanks