Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default More Stirling Stuff

J T wrote:
| Wed, Aug 15, 2007, 2:52pm (EDT-1) (Morris Dovey)
| doth sayeth:
| ..or "Thinking weird thoughts in Iowa"
|
| Well, if I was looking for a way to feed a resivor from a
| river, I'd just go with hydraulic rams.
|
| If it all doesn't work out, here's something simple you can try
| instead.

If you have the head to work with, the hydraulic ram might work for
you.

Largely it's a matter of scale and moving water (a _lot_ of water - an
average of 11 cubic km per day) uphill. It almost certainly won't be a
single pair of reservoirs, and it'll take a lot of pumps.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar