Koz

Default what is involved in stud welding?

Daring to stick my food deeper into my mouth here.....because there is
some inductance inherent in any circuit, wouldn't any discharge product
ringing of the waveform to some extent? I seem to remember seeing
oscilloscope traces of shorting capacitors that showed a ringing
covering the notion that you had to make sure and control that or you'd
get all sorts of interesting results.

Oh yea...for those who missed it, I already admitted I was full o manure
in my previous statement so you don't need to flog the issue more

Koz

wrote:

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:00:40 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

"Koz" wrote in message
Snip

Of course I'm still half asleep this morning and am probably missing
something here.....

It could've been put more succinctly, but yes that's the jist of it. :-)

Tim

Only works when discharging into a coil, guys. The cap stores DC, pure
and simple.