Posted to rec.food.equipment,rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair
coldbeer@_______.com coldbeer@_______.com is offline

Default Is this fry pan trashed now?

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:24:34 -0700, Doc wrote:

I have a teflon pan that was left on the stove with water in it, set
at high to boil it and left it too long, the water boiled out and now
the bottom area of the teflon is kind of a smooth chalky gray, doesn't
feel anything like the rest of the teflon.

Anything that can be done with it or is it trashed?

I would not worry about the pan. Just be thankful you and other
family members are still alive. Burned teflon is known to kill small
animals, especially birds. People can become extremely ill, and
possibly die. Get yourself a new pan, one without teflon.