Posted to misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
[email protected] no@no.com is offline

Default RECALL: Skil(r) brand Circular Saws

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 21:28:58 GMT, "kpg*" wrote:

I guess this is OK, but I NEVER plug in a saw/drill and don't
expect it to come on. Sharp, spinning blades just make me
naturally cautious.

Now if the thing is prone to come on unexpectedly, then yeah,
that is a cause for concern.

kpg

That explains what happened to my saw. I could have swore I saw it go
scooting up the road last saturday night after I finished using it in
the garage. I had just finished off my first beer for the evening
when I saw something looking like a Skil saw shoot across my lawn and
up the road. I know it was not the beer. On Sunday the saw was gone,
and the extension cord was stretched out across my lawn. I suppose
the saw started on it's own, ran across the lawn until the cord
unplugged, and kept going till it stopped. I wonder where it went? I
hope no one was injured or killed.......