Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Water smells like the public pool

The EPA does indeed require public water suppliers to switch to chlorine one
month per year. It used to be used all of the time but the EPA is also
concerned about carcinogens formed by the use of chlorine.

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
I've noticed recently that the water coming out of my bathtub faucets
smells like the public pool - CHLORINE! Normally it tastes, smells, and
looks like water, past week it tastes, smells, and looks like a bottle of
bleach. Does the city shock water lines occasionally? Would recent work
in the area (new construction and whatnot) cause this temporarily? I
haven't seen my neihbors lately otherwise I'd ask him - he works for the
city water department (for an adjacent city, but I suspect he'd know
anyway).