Posted to alt.home.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin'  Man is offline

Default State Farm HO Ins. in midwest US

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 18:09:51 -0500, Richard J Kinch wrote:

Puddin' Man writes:

State Farm automagically jacks my HO coverage up 3%, and the
premium 10%. I can find no rationale for such increase.

The rationale is simple. As civilization and the economy advances, not
everything stays the same proportionate price. Some things get
proportionately more expensive and some cheaper. Intangibles and services
become more expensive, while hard goods get cheaper. Cheap
insurance/banking/lawyers/doctors are a sign of a bad economy.

Award #1:
For the most grossly simplistic economic notions I have encountered
in many a moon.

Award #2:
You are "Their Man". If the economy is full of such folks, they
can financially gut-and-filet us with impunity.

It'll never cease to amaze me the extent to which many folks will
swallow abuse after they've been conditioned to have crazy stuff
crammed down their throats. Not that it doesn't happen to me as
well, but at least I'll never fail to feel insulted, abused, etc.
Maybe even *try* to find an alternative.

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller