Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,alt.comp.hardware,rec.video.desktop,sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Observations on a UPS - follow up to a previous post

"kony" wrote in message
On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:43:53 GMT, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

I actually think that at the moment, digital display technology - without
wishing to open up *that* can of worms again - lags behind CRT display
technology, by a significant amount. Next time you go to the cinema, look
up
at the booth window and see if you can see film looping around the
ceiling.
If you can't, then it uses one of those new-fangled DLP video projectors.
Sit back comfortably with your popcorn, and wonder what's happened to your
eyes, when the first car drives across the screen ... d;~}

Many people in their daily use cannot see any lag or
ghosting from 19" and smaller LCD computer monitors.

If you can't actually see it, does it matter if it exists?
I can play 50 FPS video or games running at over 50 FPS on a
19" LCD computer monitor and not see any problems except the
obvious lack of contrast (but with CRT I am spoiled in this
respect, having bought Diamondtron tube based monitors for
the last few I used myself before switching to primarily LCD
usage).

I sure can, maybe my eyes are just better than average, there's those
"golden ear" audiophools I always thought were nuts, but maybe some of them
aren't as nutty as I thought. I've got a high end 20" flat panel on my desk
at work, it looks really good, but still not as good as the 22" flat
Trinitron CRT I have at home. Geometry is flawless, but the picture doesn't
look as smooth and clean as the CRT, it looks more "digital".