Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ivan[_2_] Ivan[_2_] is offline

Default LCD Monitor 15" with backlight problems

Hi, I have this monitor with a problem at backlight inverter.
Before I had this problem, the monitor even shut off lamps (but picture
still on screen) and I simply turn it off and on again until it never turned
off lamps anymore.
I opened it and discovered that a surface mounted fuse on the backlight
inverter blows up.
I try to short circuit the fuse and turned on but seems that never will
happened.......
When I re opened it, i realized that backlight inverter pcb has completely
blown (pcb tracks and components melted).
Now I found on Ebay some backlight inverter that should work with my monitor
but how I can be sure that all this problem has been caused by a inverter
malfunction and not caused from lamps?

The monitor signals are ok, power supply to inverter it's presents and
dimming too.