Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,alt.comp.hardware,rec.audio.pro,rec.video.desktop,sci.electronics.repair
Arno Wagner Arno Wagner is offline

Default Observations on a UPS - follow up to a previous post

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc William Sommerwerck wrote:
I use a few of them around the house, driven by standard
wall-plate residential dimmers.

Rheostats? Triacs? I'm not familiar with the current technology. (X-10 is
triac-controlled, I believe.)

As you say, the color temperature is very constant over a
usable range of intensities compared to incadescent PAR bulbs.

Actually, I didn't say that, but you'd expect it to be so, given that a
fluorescent lamp is a quantum device.

Very much so, but mostly in the same sense that a glowing
pice of metal is a quantum device....

Arno