Tim Williams

Default Taper questions...

"Glenn Lyford" wrote in message
7...
Notice that's for carbide tipped, and $39 for high speed steel.

Still pretty chunky...

You should shop around a bit, how does $2.45 sound?

Fine with me

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=251-
3062&PMPXNO=2606550&PARTPG=INLMK32
Of course, you don't get McMaster-Carr's famous next-day delivery
that way, either. :^)

Meh, I'm too lazy to care about that anyway!

Of course, another way to skin this cat is to use something
with the taper already bored in it:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=214-
8622&PMPXNO=2613662&PARTPG=INLMK32
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=214-
8704&PMPXNO=945654&PARTPG=INLMK32
I think even Dave suggests this for the tailstock ram.

Interesting, a positive and negative reference in one...

And last but not least, consider reaming your rough-bored spindle:
http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?PMAKA=891-
4730&PMPXNO=3904656&PARTPG=INLMK3

Could prove useful...I'll keep it all in mind!

Tim

--
"I have misplaced my pants." - Homer Simpson | Electronics,