Posted to alt.home.repair
newman newman is offline

Default State Farm HO Ins. in midwest US

OUCH!!!
"Dottie" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Aug 15, 3:58 pm, Puddin' Man wrote:
On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 18:05:19 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message
.. .

I have a tiny brick bungalow in a very quiet neighborhood in a
large midwest city.

Crime is down. Weather damage is minimal. There's really nothing
goin' on here.

Haven't had a claim on my homeowners policy in 10+ years.

State Farm automagically jacks my HO coverage up 3%, and the
premium 10%. I can find no rationale for such increase.

I'd gladly swap your increase for mine.

No doubt.

We got hit with 20%.

Perhaps you've got a lovely, lively ocean view. Enjoy ...

Those hurricanes hit all of us a bit.

IIRC, we are landlocked for a 700+ mile radius. Hurricanes are
slightly more rare than gold falling from the sky, here.

Ever notice the buildings that banks and insurance companies own? We
have
to pay for that too.

Not sure what you mean. The ins. co. facilities cost has always been
part of premium pricing. Commercial ins. premium pricing is supposed to be
separate from residential premium pricing.

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller

I am in FL and we pay our own way. My insurance went from $450 in
1992 (pre-Andrew) to $2500 current year. Next year I will almost
certainly be dropped and go into the state insurance pool. I have
been with the same company for over 40 years and never made a claim.