Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] borne@gate.net is offline

Default What's the trick to gel stain on a fiberglass door?

On Aug 14, 11:28 pm, wrote:
It says to put on and wipe off. But wiping off doesn't leave like a
smeared look but instead takes off the entire stain. What is the
proper technique for this - anyone know?

I did this several years ago on about 15 doors. The first door I did
came out horrible. All the rest look great. The tricks I learned
quickly we

1. use a foam brush
2. don't go over areas you've already stained unless you do it within
30 seconds or so. Got to move quicky cause once it starts to dry and
you go over it, it makes a mess.
3. don't rub it off. Make sure you put it on thin with the foam
brush.

Hope that helps.