Posted to alt.home.repair
ron ron is offline

Default Need help on electrical problem!!!

I had a new circuit breaker box installed 3 years ago by a licensed
electrician, the old one was a Federal Pacific "fire starter".
Everything was fine until a few days ago. When I turn on the TV, the
power for that entire circuit goes off WITHOUT tripping the circuit
breaker. The rest of the house has power.
If I wait for a few minutes the power for the circuit (not just the
socket that the TV is plugged in to) that shut down COMES BACK ON BY
ITSELF and I can turn on the TV with no problem (until the next time).
The problem does not happen all the time, probably every other time I
turn on the TV.. We have been having record temperatures here for the
past 10 days or so with no rain (105-110).
If there was a short in the TV you would think the circuit breaker
would trip.

Anyone have an idea what's going on?