Posted to alt.home.repair
runsrealfast runsrealfast is offline

Default Sears-my experience

On Aug 14, 1:29 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"kpg*" wrote in message

Interesting. I've always had a good opinion of Sears, mainly because
of their customer service. While any operation as large as Sears will
be somewhat impersonal I am a little surprised at your experience.

Sears is not Sears any more, they are now K-Mart and whoever owns them.
Years ago, you went to Sears because of their reputation for customer
satisfaction. Times change.

The fact that you were not able to show up in person to deal with it
no doubt had a negative effect - A manager will likely want to make
an irate customer standing in his store happy at any cost.

Years ago, they built much of their reputation on the catalog. You did not
have to stand in front of the manger. I guess that went to hell years ago
too.

But once the cash is pocketed I'm sure they must follow their refund
procedures - which apparently are "we'll mail you a check".

Yes, but to who? They state the delivery adres but it is recorded someplace
that the check was recived at another location. Money should go to the
buyer, not the recipient.
A CC would have fixed that problem.

My father used to swear by craftsman. He would get everything at
sears, tools, cloths, lawnmowers, and even car batteries. I'll bet he
hasn't been to a sears in 3 years.

John