Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default What's the trick to gel stain on a fiberglass door?

Sorry if I missed the humor. I did, however, read the link you provided. The
description of what to use was limited to about a dozen words, saying either
heavily pigmented or gel stains would work.

Smarty

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Smarty wrote:
Although it actually is "paint" the stuff sold for doing fiberglass door
staining I have seen is actually called "stain" regardless of what it
actually contains.

That was a joke...

They are heavily pigmented stains. If you'll look at the link provided,
it describes the type of stains and applications to use for the
application in exquisite detail.

--

Smarty

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Smarty wrote:
...There must be stuff specifically formulated for doing fiberglass
or other non-absorbing surfaces....
Yeah, it's called "paint"...

If OP really wants to stain it instead, see the following link

http://www.masonite.com/BUILDER/Spec...nEntryTear.pdf