Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mikercana1 mikercana1 is offline

Default Power supply problem Toshiba rear projection screen model 53DX10B

On Aug 15, 9:41 am, mikercana1 wrote:
I have this unit that seem to have a problem with auto shutdown of the
power supplyy.
It goes Tick Tick Tick.
I suspect that there is problem with the high voltage area of circuit
or else a shorted power supply voltage outputs.

I have taken the modules aparts, looked for cold joints/bad caps/open
resistors but did not find anything yet.

Has anyone encountered the same fault on a unit like this

Thank you for your help

I hate to see it go to landfill or recycler.

I have checked a few more things.
The DP06 LED is RED which around the Voltage regulator assy.
The regulator is a STR6629B, Is it a common problem with these units?
I will check the DC voltage in around it, but it is probably a case
where until I get the Horizontal oscillation going, I am not going to
get proper values anyway.