Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default Does people like using film faced plywood for Cabinet Making ?

On Aug 14, 11:25 am, "Morris Dovey" wrote:
Phisherman wrote:

| Never heard of it. I've been woodworking for 45 years in the US and
| have built many cabinets. Maybe there is another name for
| "film-faced ply?"

I don't know what other names it might have, but you can take a look
he http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=3958

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I first heard of it as a vinyl film back around '96, I think it was,
with huge machines popping out nearly complete tables and chairs
coated with it. There are other kinds, specifically a polyester. It is
sold as plywood, but is also sold as film for larger scale door and
drawer and window and similar makers to use a decorative surface. It
is so thin that heat bonding gives a tighter radius than is ever
possible with vacuum bags and veneers.