Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Help me ID a mystery pump

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:06:09 -0500, Ignoramus24409
wrote:

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 14:32:50 -0400, Leon Fisk wrote:
On 15 Aug 2007 05:11:33 GMT, (DoN.
Nichols) wrote:

According to Ignoramus32732 :
On 15 Aug 2007 04:05:43 GMT, DoN. Nichols wrote:
According to Ignoramus31120 :
DoN, the pictures are he

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/mystery-pump/

Thanks! Two cam-operated pumps with clear housings, so I can
see why you would think video is preferred -- at least for those who can
play it.

So, do you think that it is a complete unit, or a part?

I'm afraid that I don't know. Perhaps those who can view the
video will have a better idea.

Does it suck at some of the ports and blow at others? If so, it
may be complete other than whatever manifolding which fed it and
accepted the output.

Good Luck,

Hi Don,

Take a look at this google search:

http://www.google.com/search?num=25&...ay&btnG=Search

FFplay can display flv files okay and FFmpeg can convert
them to almost anything else. They are command line
programs. If you can figure out how to make it work on your
Solaris you should be all set (at least I think that is what
you are running...).

Then to get Iggy's file use the following link and save it
locally:

http://cache.googlevideo.com/get_vid...id=DdTMr4zINa0

This has been working okay for me. I don't know for how long
though. Just take the youtube ID number and add it to the
end as the video ID from google.

I use FFplay & FFmpeg binaries on my WinNT4 machine to
display these myself.

Does mplayer compile on Solaris?

Don't know if it will compile, but it is a huge beast (IMO)
for the windows port. Besides it uses the FFmpeg libraries
to do its tricks anyway. See:

http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/projects.html

There is a link on the aforementioned page to Mplayer too if
Don wants to pursue/look into it.

If you hit the windows binaries (FFmpeg,FFplay) with UPX
(exe compressor) they are only about 2.7mb each and
play/show anything I ask of them. Not too bad considering
how bloated many programs are nowadays...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b