Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Charley Charley is offline

Default Ship captains spy scope display (resized)

Chris,

Thanks for the idea. Now I know what to do with my great grandfather's
scope.

Charley

"Chris Damico" wrote in message
. ..
(Sorry, One of those pictures was HUGE!)

A woman I work with inherited an antique ship captains spy scope from
her father. She's not sure how he ended up with it but she wanted to
display it. After polishing the brass, cleaning the handblown lens' and
resewing the original leather sheath I made this display case. The image
is from a picture of the HMS Bounty; no relation to the scope but she
liked the image and it "fit". Wood is African Mahogany, finish is
nothing special - Minwax Poly and a coat of wax.

----

----