Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Securing a dumpster

aemeijers wrote:

So, as you can see, we are in a pickle. We desire some advice. Any
thoughts are warmly greeted.

Call your trash company and ask them. Most trash companies run into
this problem routinely, and have service options to address it, like
a different style of dumpster, or possibly a lock THEY give you. They
usually don't like customer locks, because then they have to keep
track of a key. Comapny locks would likely all be keyed alike. They
REALLY want to avoid any solutions that require driver to get out of
the truck- that slows the route down.

Agreed. The trash company has a MUCH greater invested interest in this
problem than you.

Can you imagine the furor if they compacted some homeless granny lady?

On the other hand, perhaps this happens all the time and no one ever
notices...