Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rob[_2_] Rob[_2_] is offline

Default Sony KV-36HS500 TV

I am having some problems with this 36" tv. Sometimes it will turn on
and sometimes it won`t. I had it on all day last Sunday and shut it off
and the next day it would not turn on. It will make the usual clicking
noises from the relays and the standby light blinks, but thats it. I
have tried to hit the side to see if I had a bad solder joint or to see
if something might be loose, but it was no use. I do have a service
manual for this and according to the 7 blinks from the standby light it
indicates "horizontal deflection stopped". I just wanted to check to see
if someone might have run into this problem on this series of tv before
I jump in and start checking things. Thanks, Rob