Posted to rec.woodworking

Default lacquer durability?

On Aug 15, 1:08 am, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:

I wonder if you can use the normal retarders, blush and flash control and dryers withe the cat type lacquers. With the NC lacquers I always play with the
amount of thinner depending on the temperature and often use the flash control on hot summer days and driers in the cold of winter

I got a chuckle out of that. As much of an information obssessed
addict as I am for anything I am doing, I don't even have a faint clue
if you can use all the "stuff" we use with NC. I know you can use
lacquer thinner to clean the guns as long as the pre cat/post cat
hasn't gone off completely.

That's not much, eh? I don't know about you, but I am just not in the
mood to learn all the little ins and outs, the little idiosyncrasies
of another finish. And I am not going back to high pressure unless my
HVLP breaks down.

If I do shoot any cat lac I'll write here but nothing for that in the pipe right now.

Good enough. I'll keep an eye out. I have a feeling you will be
there before I am.

Robert