Posted to alt.home.repair
Grandpa Grandpa is offline

Default Can wall oven be installed under cooktop?

Liz wrote:
On Aug 14, 3:46 pm, Grandpa wrote:
Liz wrote:
Hi! I am looking to install a wall oven under a cooktop. The
cooktop's dimension is 2 inches height, with a cutout clearance below
cooktop of 4.5". The wall oven has height of 29 1/16 inches, with a
cutout height of 27 1/4".
I understand standard base cabinets comes in about 34". If I add the
height of the cooktop + the clearance + wall oven height, that would
come out to be a little over 35.5 inches, 1.5 inches taller than the
base cabinet height. So it would seem that this would not work.
However, I looked through the Sears.com site and am not able to find a
shorter wall oven.
So my question: is it not possible to install wall oven under cooktop
w/o custom-made cabinets? I see a lot of houses, as well the Sears
show-room, with this setting. How are they done?
thanks,
- Liz

Show me a link to a website that even shows such a thing, and I'll
tell you how its done.
--
Grandpa- Hide quoted text -

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this page has it set up that way:
http://www.kraftmaid.com/rooms/index...mscenei d=475.

If you look at the cooking area, I dont think that's a standalone
range but a cooktop on top of a wall oven, right?

I mainly saw this kind of set up in Sears showrooms. Also saw it in a
couple of houses a while back.

thanks,
- Liz

OK, thank you. What you are looking at in the kraftmaid site looks
like a drop in oven with a trim kit. I can't tell for sure, but it
doesn't look like an induction cook surface either. And to compound
your problem further, you really don't have 34 inches for a cabinet
height. There is a four inch toe kick at the bottom, so you really
only have 30 inches for most standard kitchen counter heights.
If you have really seen an induction cooktop over a wall oven, I'll
be surprised. There's three basic types of oven range combinations;
free standing, slide-in, and drop-in. After that, there are cooktops
and wall ovens. I tried searching for an induction range/oven
combination and came up as short as you seem to have.

--
Grandpa