Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default Can wall oven be installed under cooktop?

On Aug 14, 3:32 pm, Liz wrote:
Hi! I am looking to install a wall oven under a cooktop. The
cooktop's dimension is 2 inches height, with a cutout clearance below
cooktop of 4.5". The wall oven has height of 29 1/16 inches, with a
cutout height of 27 1/4".

I understand standard base cabinets comes in about 34". If I add the
height of the cooktop + the clearance + wall oven height, that would
come out to be a little over 35.5 inches, 1.5 inches taller than the
base cabinet height. So it would seem that this would not work.
However, I looked through the Sears.com site and am not able to find a
shorter wall oven.

So my question: is it not possible to install wall oven under cooktop
w/o custom-made cabinets? I see a lot of houses, as well the Sears
show-room, with this setting. How are they done?

thanks,
- Liz

Um, so why don't you just get a standard range? They're often less
expensive than buying a cooktop or wall oven alone.