Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default 1) Don't Multi-post 2) Do your own homework (was: ...Resistor calculation)

"Michael Black" wrote in message
JeffM ) writes:
David D wrote:
[...]I am wondering if someone can tell me the formula

This is not kosher.
http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...g=d&filter= 0

Wait a minute. I took him to task for posting a basic question in a
repair
newsgroup. I think the post in .basics was a result of that. Certainly I
saw it there after I had posted here (and I check .basics before .repair).

The off-topic posts here are becoming as common as the spam.

(And I gave up on .design months ago)

Michael

Much as you would like it otherwise, life is not black and white. It is full
of grey areas, and Usenet newsgroups are one such area. Just because I am a
radio ham, it doesn't mean that I have to talk to other radio hams just
about radio topics. Sometimes, we talk about motor cycles. Or sewage works.
Or the grand Canyon. Such is the way it is also on here. Intelligent
like-minded engineers, sometimes talk among themselves, in one thread
amongst many, about things of mutual interest, which may or may not be
electronics related, and often, even if they are electronic, not related
directly to repair. And sometimes, we all help those who either blunder in
here with a slightly off-topic question, or come here deliberately because
they know that they will get help, as this poster did. Why do you always
have such a cry about it ? It is not a big problem on this group is it ? Or
perhaps you *do* see it as one ? I just see it as a bunch of Usenet
'friends' acting responsibly, and trying to extend that frienship to others,
who might subsequently become regular and valued contributors ...

Honestly, Michael, lighten up a bit.

Arfa