Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Default What is it? CXCII

E Z Peaces wrote:

I was there at ET School in 1972. I don't remember air conditioning.
There was no beer in the barracks and I don't remember a rec room. Some
said the draft beer at the club tasted like dishwater but I liked it.
The speed limit was 15 except where it was 5 or 10. I had two friends
in the SPs who said it was ridiculous trying to clock somebody doing 16
in a 15 zone, but that's what was expected. They drove Matadors.

We suffered a warrantless locker search. In my locker was camping gear.
In my camping gear was a cooking kit. In my cooking kit was a
teaspoon. The sneering clerk demanded to know what I was doing in
possession of a spoon. Obviously he assumed it was drug paraphernalia.

Ft. Rucker, Al. in the early '70s: They found a dashboard for a '66
GTO, a case of motor oil, a propane torch and other car parts along with
two tool boxes. They just looked at each other, then at me. One
started to say something, then shook his head and walked out, followed
buy the other inspector. One of them muttered, Damn Weathervision
section! as he walked down the hall to the next room. Another
inspection was a group from the Pentagon, inspecting command companies.
he told my captain that i had the cleanest and neatest room he'd seen on
over a dozen bases and asked who's room it was. When he heard I was
just an E2 with a private room he got upset, then changed his mind.
"Anyone who can keep a room like this deserves to keep it". I didn't
argue. I was on call at odd hours, on separate rations, and the idiots
I had shared a four man room with were slobs, and at least one thief. I
was the only one in that barracks with Cable TV in my room, too.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida