Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Audio Mute Switch

Jon Slaughter wrote:

"Joerg" wrote in message
. net...

Jon Slaughter wrote:

Audio mute switch

In the real world this may generate noticeable clicks, mostly coming in
via Cgd and due to the huge input voltage swing. You might want to slow
down the gate drive a bit, for example via an RC lowpass.

Thats not what I asked. I do realize that will happen but I first need to
figure out why the circuit isn't working like I want. Utlimately I'm going
to use an audio analog ic switch that takes care of all those issues but I
first want to understand the basics and I can't seem to figure out whats
wrong.

Well, it was just a comment. There was no question in your post, if
there was then it didn't propagate to my news server. So, what don't you
like about it?

Don't count on all audio IC switches to be perfect. I had to re-design
several squelch circuits because of unacceptable popping noise and some
were using "professional" audio chips.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com