Posted to alt.home.repair
Ivan Vegvary Ivan Vegvary is offline

Default House siding

I need to install new siding on a 8'x32' portion of my house. (Old aluminum
siding and 1"x6" ship lap lumber has already been removed). I am tempted to
place Hardie Plank directly on the studs (after insulation and house wrap)
and skip any ousided sheathing. The inside of the house is already sheathed
with the same 1"x6" ship lap under the drywall (this is 'lumber' country and
the previous owner was in the logging business) so I don't need the outside
sheathing for shear strength.
BTW, it is nice to be able to hang pictures anywhere you want. All of the
insides are 'lumber under sheetrock'.
All comments and cautions appreciated.

Ivan Vegvary