Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,alt.comp.hardware,rec.audio.pro,rec.video.desktop,sci.electronics.repair
kony kony is offline

Default Observations on a UPS - follow up to a previous post

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 20:53:00 -0700, Doc
wrote:

On Aug 13, 12:32 pm, kony wrote:

The price is all wrong. Nobody can build a decent product with
these specs for that price. You cannot even buy the components
needed in decent quality for that price.

Depending on your definition of "decent", this may be true,
but it's going to be roughly equivalent to what you'd buy
from APC as a 500VA for about $50 so if that's what the
budget allows, it's not an exceptionally low price (also
considering you can sometimes get the APC discounted or with
rebate putting it closer to $20-30 than to $50.

FWIW, I was in that same Best Buy today and the UPS model I got for
$69 was back to its normal price of $119.

I should elaborate that roughly equivalent did not mean same
thing just spec'd less conservatively, did not mean to
include current capability and/or battery size, rather these
parameters were probably increased correspondingly.