Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Help me ID a mystery pump

Ignoramus32732 wrote:

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 10:08:58 -0400, Wes wrote:
As far as those picked up on the battlefield, Gitmo beats the nine cent
solution other countries have practiced.

The Guantanamo torture chambers, so far, brought near zero benefits
(no one confessed to anything of value) and a lot of political
liability for the US.

For the sake of argument, what is your definition of torture and who
exibited physical signs of its use?

Compare the treatment to Wen Ho Lee to how we treat Gitmo detainees. There
is a war on and it really sucks to be in one on either side or stuck in the
middle

Now answer me this. Who was in charge when the DEA came up with a profile
of a drug runner where scrupiously obeying traffic rules became a reason to
stop someone?

Wes, I would be hugely interested in a cite for this, for practical
reasons. Are you saying that if I am driving carefully, a little below
speed limit, that I somehow appear suspicious?

When I drive, say, with guns or something else that makes me not want
to be stopped, I always drive a little below speed limit -- but as you
seem to be suggesting, it is not the best idea?

http://www.fff.org/freedom/1199e.asp for starts. I was a bit shocked that a
news item that I heard quite often 8 or so years ago from left, right and
libertine sources didn't give me many hits. I distictly remember the
orwellian connection I made that obeying the law is proof of disobeying the
law. Aka Freedom is slavery.

What party was in charge that passed into law the Gun Control act of 1968?

Explain to me why I have to have a carry permit to excercise my Second
Amendment rights?

Agreed here.

Why is it that some potential libertarian, just a few months from being born
can be snuffed out because mommy doesn't want it?
Which party for the most part supports the cold blooded murder of
the least defenseless amoungst us?

That would be "most defenseless", but any libertarian would support
the right to kill unborn, unwanted children as a sovereign individual
right of mothers.

Libertarians are split on that.

I'm coming around to their idea that the war against drugs is a failure. Has
not stopped many, ruined the life of many that did and eroded our
Constitional rights.

Wes

PS

Metalworking content

Recieved my 4 1/2 MT to 5C adaptor to fit my Clausing 6903 today. I was a
bit worried since 4 1/2 MT varies between South Bend and Clausing. Sure
seemed to fit mine nice. Now I need to make a draw tube and a spindle nose
protector / adaptor extractor.

UPS didn't drop off the Moglice semi for repairing one side of my sheaves in
the varidrive. Maybe tomorrow.