Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV RayV is offline

Default Mapping Electrical Circuits

On Aug 14, 9:48 am, JB wrote:
I live in a 30 yr old home and I am getting ready to remodel the
kitchen. New cabinets, counter, lights, etc. I will be replacing a
single overhead fluorescent with lots of recessed ceiling lights and
adding undercab halogens. I may move or add more sockets. A few walls
with sockets and 3-way light switches will be moved.

I will probably add one or more new lines to the panel to handle the
additional lights but I need to map the existing circuit(s) so I know
what I'm removing and moving. I think some of the switches are
"middle of the run" to the rest of the room (and even other rooms in
the house) so I'm not sure where the circuit begins and ends. Other
than trial and error (disconnect something and see what happens in the
rest of the room/house), is there a logical way to trace and map the
beginning, middle, and end of the circuit?

--Jeff

http://www.valuetesters.com/Wire-Circuit-Tracer.php