Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default The Pussification of the American Male

on 8/13/2007 10:04 PM Dick Adams said the following:
willshak wrote:

I don't understand this statement:
"My son is left-handed so he had to learn to do
electrial work right-handed" (sic).
What part of electrical work requires that one
should be right handed?

Bend a wire so it has a u-shape and connect to a
post on and outlet. Then try holding the wire with
your right and tightening the screw with your left
hand.

Why should I use my weak hand? I use my strong hand to turn a
screwdriver. Your son would do the same. Since he is left handed, why
would you tell him to use his weak right hand to turn a screwdriver?
Even a right handed person has to twist his arms, wrists, hands, and
possibly the work, awkwardly to work on the left side of things.
I have a little problem attaching a copper wire to the screws on the
left side of the outlet. I have to twist the outlet sideways to the
right so that the screws face toward me and I can use my right hand to
turn the screws. On the right side, I can turn the screws without
twisting the outlet. He would have it easier on the left side.

Ask an electrical contractor if he would hire
someone who works left-handed?

Dick

That would be job discrimination.

I think you made a silly statement and you know it, and now you are
trying to save face.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY