Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,alt.comp.hardware,rec.audio.pro,rec.video.desktop,sci.electronics.repair
Arno Wagner Arno Wagner is offline

Default Observations on a UPS - follow up to a previous post

In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc Arny Krueger wrote:
"Doc" wrote in message
oups.com
On Aug 12, 10:24 pm, "James Sweet"
wrote:

Yeah CRT monitors take a lot of juice, it's one of the
reasons flat panels are so popular, though I still
prefer a good CRT as it looks slightly better to my eyes.

I don't like the way LCD/flat panel monitors look. The
image isn't as sharp and loses brightness unless you're
sitting dead-center in front of them, even the models
that supposedly have a wider viewing angle.

Spend more money or wait 3 years! ;-)

If you select your LCD carefully, you can get really good ones
for very reasonable prices. I have a Benq FP73G, which initially
anoyed me a bit with the vertical brightness dependency on viewing
angle. Now I do not notice it anymore. It is sharper than CRT by
at least one order of magintude. Of course you have to run at
native resolution. As with brighness, I found that I needed to
tweak gamma in some games. apart from that, no problems.

Arno