Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default Need help with a Resistor calculation please

David D ) writes:
I have this question and I am wondering if someone can tell me the
formula and how they derived the answer (steps) - it is probably
simple, but I am learning this as I go :

This is a newsgroup about the repair of electronic equipment.

In what way is your basic question related to repair?

If you'd looked at Mark Zenier's guide to the sci.electronics.*
hierarchy:
ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/m/mzenier/seguide9706.txt
you'd likely catch on that this isn't the place to ask such
things, while sci.electronics.basics is.

And of course, this is an example of the damage google is
doing to the newsgroups. It makes it too easy for people to blunder
into the wrong newsgroup.

Michael