Posted to sci.electronics.repair
aarpay via ElectronicsKB.com aarpay via ElectronicsKB.com is offline

Default Panasonic SA-HT70 not working! :-(

Thanks for your reply:
I figured the frame was reference, but just wanted to make sure. Pin 14 is
NOT reading +28V. In fact, it has no voltage. Does this mean I need to
replace the FP549? If so, how much resistance (in ohms) does the FP549 have?

Arfa Daily wrote:
I'm sorry, but I'm a bit of a novice....

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

Arfa

The reference is ground ie any piece of metalwork on the unit such as the
antenna socket outer, which will definitely be ground. However, I must say
that if your level of expertise with this equipment is actually such that
you are not aware that ground is the standard reference point unless
otherwise stated, then it is unlikely that you are going to be able to
troubleshoot the unit to the point of being able to fix it. Also, you should
be aware of the safety angles of working on a piece of live equipment.
Whilst the 'HT70 is better than some for safety in that it uses a linear
rather than switch mode supply, there is still exposed line voltage in
places around the power supply, so do take care ...

Arfa