Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default What is it? CXCII

On 14 Aug, 03:19, E Z Peaces wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Aug 11, 5:04 pm, "R.H." wrote:
I think it might be for R&D of new machinery. It might be for checking an
overhaul. It might be for tracing vibration that has been noticed.
On the answer page I added some photos of the box that it came in, where you
can see some slots for pieces that I'm missing.

Also I updated the answer to the log grabs, and added Tom's scan from the
old Fairbanks catalog.

Thanks to everyone for their input on both of these.

http://pzphotosan191-x42.blogspot.com/

Rob

OK, many of us knew what it was, but how many of us have actually used
item # 1057, the Detex clock?

Here's a picture of one of the buildings I patrolled as a young
Coastie at the USCG Training Center on Governors Island, NY, off the
southern tip of Manhattan. Trust me, the attic space of that building
can be pretty creepy at 3 in the morning!

http://www.govisland.com/Images/Colo...gett_Hall2.jpg

Thanks for the memories!

That's where I used a Detex. In the photo, if you turned right and
walked to the end of the row, that was where I slept. If you continued
across the street, there was a building with a portico along the front.
That's where I carried a Detex. It seems like I sneaked around in
sneakers instead of those shoes with heavy rubber soles we wore during
the day.- Hide quoted text -

1975ish for me.

Did you jam beers in the vents of the window AC units in the rec rooms
to get them cold...err...I mean cool? Or did you spend the big bucks
and buy them out of the vending machines in the barracks - the ones
half stocked with soda and half stocked with beer?

How much did it suck sleeping in the ferry terminal when you missed
the last ferry (3:00AM?) to the island?