Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Electrical wiring

"no spam" wrote in
. net:

*snip*

Personally, when it comes to wiring bigger IS better. Even more so
when it comes to a workshop. I'm looking at building a new home in a
few years and if I can afford it I will 'over wire' the entire house
for a couple of reasons. First, look around your house now and think
about how it looked 10 years ago. How many more electrical items do
you have now? How many more might we have in 10 more years?

*snip*

Third, if you need to 'upsize' later its a lot easier to just put in a
larger breaker than putting in new or more wire.

That was my theory with my LAN. When I was initially building it, I
decided to go with Cat 5 cable capable of 100 mbs, and only get a hub
capable of 10 mbs. When the prices came down on 100 mbs switches, all I
had to do was unplug one and plug in the new one.

Puckdropper